Business Center Application Process & Guidelines
Franklin Business Center Evaluation Criteria
- Potential for growth and job creation
- Need for and willingness to accept the services of the Franklin Business Center
- Adds to local economic diversification
- Viability of the business and its potential for success
- Marketing opportunity and planned approach
- Compatibility of the business to the Franklin Business Center program and facility.
*The Franklin Business Center does not accept applications for retail or nonprofit businesses.
Franklin Business Center Application Process
- Complete the application and submit it by U.S. mail, electronically or deliver in person to the Franklin Business Center 601 N. Mechanic St. Suite 300 Franklin, VA 23851.
- Application is reviewed and determined if it satisfies the minimum qualifications as listed above. Applicants are then notified if their business is eligible for consideration.
- If deemed eligible, one copy of each of the following materials are required to be submitted:
- Completed and signed application
- Current business plan
- Current financial statement
- At least three professional references
- Franklin Business Center Advisory Board reviews the application and all related information and evaluates the business according to the evaluation criteria listed above.
- Applicants will be notified of the Franklin Business Center Advisory Board's decision.
- If accepted, a meeting will be scheduled to review and sign an official lease.
- Prior to occupancy applicants and businesses must comply, or agree to comply, with all applicable local, state and federal regulations and ordinances, including applicable environmental laws.
*The Franklin Business Center Advisory Board may request additional information to establish or verify that the minimum qualifications are satisfied.